Aub and Tay

Aub and Tay

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One year Anniversary.

8.14.12. I am dedicating this post to my amazing hub because it is our one year Anniversary today!! I have been working on this for awhile and i'm excited to share, so here ya go! It feels like yesterday that we got married and I cant believe how fast it has gone by! This year has been the best year of my life! I Just wanted to re-cap all of our incredible times and tell our story. There are SO many things that I want to share so I will apologize now if this gets really cheesy and very long. Taylor got home from his mission May 2011 and my grandma is in his ward and heard him speak in church at his homecoming. She went up to him after he spoke and told him that she had a grand daughter that she would like to set him up with and gave him my number. I went over to her house that Sunday evening and she told me that she had this amazing guy that she wants me to go out with. I kind of chuckled and didn't think much of it! There was no way that some guy was going to listen to my grandma and give me a call. Weeks went by and every time I saw my grandma she would say I really think you should go out with Taylor. So I decided what the heck and added him as a friend on facebook. Mean while Taylor had lost the paper my grandma gave him and he also looked me up on facebook but he looked up the wrong Aubrey Milne. Apparently there is two... So it ended up being a good thing that I added him first or we probably would have never met! A few days later he sent me a message and this was our exact conversation:
  • Conversation started August 7, 2011
  • Taylor Jones

    Aubrey you have an awesome grandma.
  • Aubrey Milne Jones

    Haha Isn't she great?!! i love her!  How are you?  nice to meet ya haha!
  • Taylor Jones

    I'm great thanks! How are you Aubrey? I don't know if you know this but the day I gave my homecoming talk your grandma came up to me and said that she has the cutest grand daughter in the world and gave me your number and told me to call you. The only bummer thing was that I not only lost that little piece of paper, but I was still freakin out cause everything was so different! But I'm good now. We need to do somethin soon don't you think?
  • August 8, 2011
  • Aubrey Milne Jones

    Haha! your funny!  I probably would have lost the paper to!  I'm doing good though, and i'm sure everything was a little crazy at first!  She's a funny lady!! haha she must really like you and your family! I'd love to do something though for sure!
  • August 8, 2011
  • Taylor Jones

    All right let's do it! Do you wanna give me your number and I'll call you???
  • Aubrey Milne Jones

    Yeah Perfect!

    So a few days went by and he finally called me and asked me to go swimming with him! I was a little hesitant because swimming on the first date may or may not be an awkward thing to do.  I hurried and asked him if he wanted to go on a double date with my cousin and a date up the canyon. We ended up going on our first date August 14th 2011 and we went up to cascade springs in American Fork canyon and just walked and talked and got to know each other a little bit. The thing I remember most about the date was how easy it was to talk to him and it was just really natural which usually DOES not happen on a blind date. After the canyon we went to my cousins house and built a fire and played the game catch phrase. I am a really competitive person so I was already raising my voice at Taylor when we were loosing. After our first date we started hanging out and doing stuff together quite a bit. I had TOTALLY fallen for him and just kept waiting for him to ask me to be his girlfriend. I also thought that he was never going to kiss me because it was the next step and I just was never sure when it was going to come. October 5th 2011 we had been boating and having the best day and when we got back to Taylor's house we were just rip sticking down the side walk together and he said I need to talk to you about something. So we stopped and it's funny because we stopped and talked right under my grandmas tree outside her house without even noticing. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes and then I remember this like it was yesterday but he said..."well I better kiss you now!" and that's when we had our first kiss. Props to you grams!!! you are just the best little match maker.

    This was our "First" picture together. We had just been up the canyon on a motorcycle ride.  Here are some more pics from when we were dating...


    There were two defining moments when I knew I was falling in love with this guy! I had already fallen but this just made me even more obsessed. Our first valentine's day together he told me we were going out to the Olive Garden for dinner. He came and picked me up and we stopped by his house on the way because he "forgot" his wallet. I didn't think twice because he always forgets his wallet haha. He was in there for awhile and then came out to the car and told me to come in for a second. I obliviously went in the house and our song was playing and he had this cute candle light dinner set up! Who knew he could be so romantic?? He made white chicken chili for dinner and then after we danced together. I will never forget that moment because it was so thoughtful of him! He has always been that way though and it is SO attractive. Another time was when my family was in St. George on vacation and Tay had been detailing cars at the time for his job and snatched my keys and deep cleaned the entire thing. It must have taken him HOURS because their were Pepsi stains on the ceiling that would probably take all day to get out and they were gone!! (thanks to my dad for exploding a pepsi in my car...go figure.) When we got home from St. George my mom kept telling me to go look in my car. I was so confused at what would be in my car when we had JUST gotten home. I didn't go out there for awhile until I needed to get something. When I opened up my door to my car I was stunned!! It looked brand new! I dont think I stopped smiling the rest of the night!

    For Halloween we saw these crazy pajamas at Target together and decided to where them. Taylor would probably be mad that I am saying this but he picked out his pink panda pj's. Later that night we went up to the airport to see Tay's friend that had just got home from his mission in these little beauties. It was pretty embarrassing actually! Everyone was looking at us like we were crazy and NOBODY else was dressed up. 

    Lake powell when we were engaged.
    St. Geeze trip


Anyways we dated for about 9 months and had already been talking about marriage and picked out the ring and everything so I was just waiting for the big question. I knew that it would happen any day. So this story is pretty funny because the truth of it only came out a few months ago! We were with my mom and we dropped Taylor back off at work and he was acting really funny. I kept saying are we going to do something when you get home from work and he would just be really weird and say that he needed to get some stuff done. So he left and I found his phone in the car....BAD BAD BAD! This is the part that most people don't know and I never told Taylor this until a few months ago because I did not want to ruin it!! Being the person that I am I started looking at his phone and saw that he had been talking to my mom and my best friends and I knew that it was happening that night but I just played along with it pretty dang good! He called me a little bit later and told me to NOT look at his phone! So I just acted like nothing was going on and when I got home I noticed that everyone from my family was gone and I was getting really nervous. He texted me and asked if I would come down and hangout at his house. So I got in my car and started driving down to his house when I reached the temple I saw two cute girls holding a sign that said...Aubrey pay attention. When I turned the corner I saw another sign saying...turn here and follow the path. I got out of my car and started walking up the path and saw 20-30 girls hiding in the bushes watching me. THAT MADE ME MORE NERVOUS! There was cute lit mason jars up the path until I got to Taylor. I could tell that he was really nervous too because he got right to the point and dropped down on his knee and asked me to marry him!! No speech. We were both speechless!!  I said yes of course and then we celebrated!! That was one of the happiest days of life!! May 23rd 2012.













I love looking back on this picture because it reminds me of how happy I felt on this day! Just by my face you can tell that I was so excited. Not only because I had a beautiful rock on my finger but because I was going to be marrying someone that was perfect for me in just a few months.





We decided to get married one year later after we met on our first date. 8.14.12 It was by far the best day of my life!!! Everything was just too perfect. I remember driving up to the temple with Taylor and being so giddy. I know everyone says that they wish they could go back and re-live that special day but it was so incredible! I didn't want it to end. It's such a cool feeling to know that you will have a eternal companion forever! I couldn't think of anyone else I would rather be with!! I'm so glad I found Tay.











This was one of those moments that you just can never forget! It was my favorite part of my wedding. So I had just danced with my dad and I was positive before hand that I would just get out there and bawl like a school girl during my daddy-daughter dance. My dad kept it really light-hearted though and was cracking jokes the whole time so that we wouldn't cry. I thought I was home free. Then it was time for our dance and our song came on and both of us looked at each other and just started to cry. 
It was a pretty special moment! 


 So...I married my husband for MANY different reasons but one of them is that he and I share a huge love for DISNEYLAND! So where did we choose to go on our honeymoon?? Disney baby. It was SO much fun. It was a total blast just the two of us. We have been two times since our honeymoon because that's how obsessed we are.


                            
This pictures describes us pretty well I would say...






 Some people say that the first year of marriage is really hard adjusting to being with each other 24/7 and having to learn the other persons ways but I can honestly say that dating for a year before we got married helped SO much! It has been the greatest year of my life! Yes there has been things we have had to work through and YES sometimes you want to kill each other but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Marriage has been the greatest blessing!! I cant picture my life now not being married!
These are some pics of some solid times that we have had this first year...

Carving Pumpkins on Halloween.

 Tay taught me how to ski for the first time. It took me awhile but I got the hang of it and loved it! We will be purchasing season passes this winter for sure. 
 Temple Square.

Our first christmas tree. We went up in the mountains and chopped this beauty down and thought that it was the best thing ever. Little did we know that it was not going to fit in the tree stand we had because it was pretty tiny. He looks happy in the picture but he actually was quite grumpy because we had to go to the store three different times to get lights. We could tell that it was definitely our first time doing this and will hopefully be a little more prepared this next year. 

Our trip to Cali.
Playing in the snow at the cabin.
Spring Break in Moab.

Lake Powell this summer.

Dressed Sunday best at Bear Lake.
4th Of July up AF canyon.
 Boating in Bear Lake.



At the end of this post I just want to take a second and tell Taylor how much I love him and how happy he makes me every single day! I'm so thankful to have such a patient and loving husband. I really dont know what I did to deserve him! He always humors my dumb jokes, compliments my not so good cooking, lets me play with his ears, and lets me have a night light in our bedroom so that I am not terrified every night. I could not have asked for a better man with whom I get to spend my life with.  When I prayed for God to bring me the man who was the one he had planned for me I did not, in my wildest dreams, believe he would have found someone so perfect.  I have been blessed beyond words to have you as a husband. It took a lot of wrong guys to finally find the right one. I truly hit the jackpot with you. Nobody makes me smile and laugh the way that you do! I feel so special that I get to have you be my other half! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thinking about us raising a family together and enduring trials together and growing old is so exciting! I know there is not a “soul mate” but I thank heavenly father every day for blessing me with what I feel like was meant to be mine! You are so easy to love and I adore the person that you are! You are my very best friend. I promise to love you unconditionally through the good and the bad adventures!  Let’s continue to make great memories together I’m so happy I get to have you by side forever! Here's to the best year ever and many more to come! I love you! Xo.





No comments:

Post a Comment